Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Organized Clutter

Zach and I have recently decided that we're going to stay in this apartment for at least another semester sooooo I've decided to spruce some things up before school starts. Sometimes it can be really hard to make a boring, yellowy walled, student apartment look cute and feel like home, but here's one way that's super easy!! I've been seeing a lot of awesomely (?) organized bookshelves and wanted to try my own hand at it, and this is what I got. I actually Love it:)


I added the mirror and frame and flowers recently.
And we always had a clutter of books on top because
those are the ones we are currently reading so I just stacked them...
I know, I'm a genius to think that one up.

Then I gathered together the book that
had similar coloring and stacked those ones too.
I was surprised to see that I had any
that went together at all. I have to say that it
was way more fun than
putting similar heights together.

Then I found some fun nick knacks that I'm always
trying to stuff in some corner or side table
and placed them on top of my stacks.
(The wooden flowers we got on our honey moon to Costa Rica.
So glad to finally have a place for it:)

oh! And this little cup had my ring
in it when Zach proposed. :) Such a cutie.

Any way, thats my latest! And I didn't even have to go
out and buy ANYTHING! But I love how it turned out.
Hope others like it too.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute! And so is your house! I seriously thought that first picture was out of a magazine or something--you have skills! now I want to redo my bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara! You are just A D O R A B L E!!! Thanks for posting this link on FB so I could see your awesome homemaking skills :):) It's so fun to see Brits friends begin making homes and families on their own. Congrats on the baby too. Can't wait for updates!!

    ReplyDelete