Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Getting Personal

Ok let's get a little personal about post pregnancy stuff.



I did a lot of reading about labor and delivery. And my delivery was pretty normal 
and "easy" so a lot of what I read actually applied to me. 

But there were three main things that I hadn't read about that happened to me.

1. The first thing was the shakes.

During and just after labor I was shaking uncontrollably! I could not stop shivering and shaking for probably a half hour. And it was so annoying because I had that stupid blood pressure thing wrapped around my arm and I couldn't relax long enough for it to take my blood pressure so it just kept getting tighter and tighter!! But once they gave Porter back to me to feed I was able to focus and calm down.

This wasn't a big deal or anything I just had never heard about it before.

2. The second thing was itchy armpits!

The first time I breast fed my armpits got super itchy!! And they still are 8 months later. I'm still nursing Porter so I think it's definitely related. I used to think it was from me pulling up my shirt and it getting all bunched and tight under my arm, but I looked up some stuff about it and apparently the reason this happens is because the nerves that are in charge of your let down sometimes get crossed with nerves in your arm pits. Go figure... And since there's nothing to let down under your arm it just gets itchy and agitated.  

But I still haven't found anything to help with the itch. Have any of you dealt with this? Any remedies?

3. One more weird thing. Extra bangs!

I probably shouldn't complain too much because I'm just happy that I'm not losing hair. But it's still kind of weird.


This picture isn't the best. But on both sides of my forehead I have these bunches of little hairs growing. It's almost like my hairline is changing. What's the opposite of a receding hairline? Well that's what I've got going on! Crazy stuff.


Let me know how your pregnancy and delivery went. Or if you have questions leave a comment and I can give you a new mom's opinion.

Have a great Tuesday!!




4 comments:

  1. I can totally relate about the shakes! As I was preparing, I thought I would be able to relax between contractions, but I just couldn't stop shaking! And the worst part, like you said, was that I didn't expect it! They said it was just the adrenaline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I saw this on facebook and can totally relate!And how about waking up soaked in sweat the first few nights? yuckk. I posted about my post-labor experience here http://jacobandnatalli.blogspot.com/2012/04/after-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Itchy armpits! Oh boy, I need to call you and we can talk about this. I mostly wanna talk about labor and delivery since it scares the crud out of me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally have new bangs and all over my head really! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete