Thursday, October 4, 2012

Nothing Is Harder Than Housework

A couple of weeks ago I was watching The Dick Van Dyke Show and found myself laughing at one of Mary Tyler Moore's lines. She said, "Nothing is harder than house work!"

Now I'm not saying that house work isn't hard, but there are a lot of harder things out there.


I LOVE this show. It's always clean humor and always hilarious!


Plus it's a fun look into this time period.


About a year ago I started a 15 minutes of cleaning a day thing, where I focus on one part of the house a day and clean it up good.

For example: Monday is the kitchen
                      Tuesday is the bathroom
                      Wednesday is dusting
                      Thursday is gathering scattered stuff and putting it back where it goes
                      And Friday is the floors

I really like this way of cleaning. It makes it feel like my house is always clean! Plus it helps the burden of keeping my house clean not feel like it's the hardest thing in the world. And when I'm good at sticking to my daily chore then my weekend is open to do fun stuff. And that's always the best.

Anyway, as I was cleaning my house this morning I decided I really didn't like the smell of my floor cleaner (Windex All Purpose Cleaner) or my bathroom cleaner (Scrubbing Bubbles). I love using the scrubbing bubbles because it's fast and easy, but the smell isn't very fresh.

So I'm interested in the products that my readers use. Especially you experienced home makers.

Which products prove to be the best and leave your house feeling clean and add to the clean smell?

I wanna know!!


1 comment:

  1. I don't have a sense of smell, but I can tell you what Steve likes! For the floors, I use "Mr. Clean with Febreze Freshness Powerful Multi-Surface Cleaning," in the "Meadows & Rain" scent. Steve loves how our house smells after I use it, and it's also really well priced! As for the bathroom, I use the 7th Generation brand bathroom cleaner. Not sure how that one smells but it works wonderfully! We do have candles everywhere, so when I do a deep, bleach clean, I just light a candle and hey presto it smells delicious!

    ReplyDelete