Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Am His Daughter

Over the summer my mom got all of her young women oil lamps from Jerusalem (and they were really sent from my parent's friend in Jerusalem!) and she gave them a list of little or big things they could do throughout the week so that they could earn points. Things like reading scripture, going to the temple, saying their prayers, etc. Then every Sunday they would tell her how many points they earned and she would put that many drops of oil in the lamps.

By the end of the summer they should all have a good amount of oil! Atleast enough to light their lamps. If they did all the little things over the summer, their lamps will burn bright! I think this is such a powerful lesson for these girls. Go Mom!

So she is doing a big mutual night to close everything up and she asked me to make this slide show for her. I thought I would share it in case anyone out there wants to use it in their ward.

The song is called I Am His Daughter. Sung by Nicole Sheahan
Photography by Steve Porter (my dad)

I was having trouble uploading it to the blog so here's the Link Enjoy!

P.S. If you like what you see and want something like it done for a church lesson or wedding or anything really. Let me know! I love doing this kind of stuff and would love to help.

1 comment:

  1. This is AMAZING. What a great message and lesson. This one is definitely worth sharing! I have always had the attitude that if you do something wonderful, you should share it with others to save them time and also to inspire others. I have been able to share many of my YW files over the years. :)

    ReplyDelete