Monday, September 17, 2012

So one of my favorite projects since we've moved into our new apartment is this one!
Our old shower curtain was pretty nasty by the time we moved so we just tossed it.
I'd been looking online FOREVAH trying to find a cute one. And I just think it's so weird that
the super simple designs that I like are always the most expensive ones! 
I really wanted a thick striped one so I decided to make it myself.


First I got this shower curtain at Lowes.

Then I taped it with painter's tape. This was the most annoying part. 
But you have to do it well or else you will fail. Luckily I did a pretty dang good job.

I then painted my stripes! This took a while but I think if I would have used a 
paint roller it would have gone on easier, smoother, and faster. 
I used a sponge paint brush which worked fine and I painted
with acrylic paint but I added a fabric medium from Hobby Lobby. 
I took the tape off once it was all dry.

I love how it turned out! It's a little splotchy in areas but over all 
I am very happy with how it turned out. 
And so glad I didn't spend $40 or $50 bucks on one.



I also made this for my bathroom.

 Porter looks so chubby in this pic. haha


It's a magnet board to hold my makeup and stuff. 
Definitely helps save on drawer space! And I just 
needed something to hang on my wall.

Hope you like it!
Happy Monday




2 comments:

  1. Go Tara! I love it! The shower curtain turned out so well and I love the colored hooks you used. I might just have to pin it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara this is Emily Pugh from your old ward...saw the link on facebook and I had to see what you did :) I love it!! You dis such a great job, looks like something out of a magazine. Love DIY stuff!!

    ReplyDelete