Friday, February 4, 2011

1954 Hotpoint Dishwasher Commercial

Just a funny old commercial. I thought it was cute.


The Dishwasher
First things first, I LOVE having a dishwasher. Living with 3 female roommates in a tiny Boston apartment with no dishwasher did that for me. But the first time we used our dishwasher in our apartment I had to ask myself a few things. How the heck does a dishwasher work? And WWWHHHHYYYYY is it so flippin loud! Seriously we have strict rules that we only turn it on at night or when I'm not around because I can't be nice and have that thing on at the same time (except for right now, I turned it on when I left for work then didn't stay at work so here I am writing this post about it). The big question is, what is going on in that big box of noise. Well, I'm not going to explain it all on here but you can visit this link ( http://home.howstuffworks.com/dishwasher.htm ) to read more about it. It's awesome.
It is just wonderful what people are coming up with these days. From dishwashers to skyscrapers, to angry birds ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_Birds ). Despite global warming and rap, sometimes people actually come up with some neat stuff.


For example!


This is a gift card to Macaroni Grill. It has magic powers so that people like your in-laws can give it to you for your birthday so that when they can't be here to take you to dinner themselves you can take yourself without spending any of your own money.





And this is us at Macaroni Grill doing exactly that (thank you Broughs). We have really come to understand the beauty of gift cards.
p.s. We didn't actually eat out for my birthday but for our 8 month wedding anniversary! woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment