Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Philippines Mcgynci Mission




Hey. It's Zach again. Crazy I know, but I think I might really like this whole blogging thing.

Last night I had one of those dreams that feels completely real. I had been called to serve a mission, even though I was married and had already served one mission. And this wasn't a couples mission, it was just me and a bunch of 19-year-olds. Anyway I was called to serve in the Philippines Mcgynci Mission (don't worry I checked this morning, this mission doesn't even exist) and I was speaking some really strange asian language (I'm sure something that doesn't exist either). It was one of those asian languages where they have to change your last name to an animal or something descriptive because they don't have the english sounds or words. My name was Elder (something along the lines of) I Little Little. Our teacher was teaching us how to contact people in the mission language, and how to introduce ourselves.

It's obvious that my work life is invading my dreams. I taught my new MTC district of 13 missionaries how to do those two things yesterday. But where on earth did this call to go to the Philippines come from?!

Later this morning I started thinking about the early members of the church, and especially the men who were called to leave their farms, wives, children, and everything else to serve the Lord in the mission field. How much faith did they need in order to trust that the Lord would take care of their families while they were away? I was shaken up by just the thought of leaving my precious wife, and it was just a dream!

Anyway, I am so grateful for missionary work, and the chance I have to work at the MTC. My new district is great. They are really funny and have a great desire to learn. It's fun.

And while I'm sure the Philippines is great, I am so grateful that I served in Brasil (terra adorada)!


2 comments:

  1. Zach, I enjoy your writing. I liked your tribute to Sloan. Keep it up. Make sure you check out my latest post too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blogs Zach!! I think this must be your 2nd mission - kind of like 2nd breakfast - Tara was really there, she was just helping the sister's at the time!! :) Better sit in on those really strange Asian language classes in your spare time!! :)

    ReplyDelete