Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Weekend

So I promised I would post about my experiment with the heart cake.

Well.... It didn't quite work out how I planned

I had everything planned out...
I even did the cool rag around the pan trick to
get the cake to be level. And it totally worked!!

If it wasn't for this stupid little layer that didn't cook long enough my
cake would have been perfect. I learned a lot of lessons from this experiences...
So this is the difference between a ragless pan and a
rag wrapped pan. Incase you were wondering.
So this is what I ended up with instead. Cute huh?
Turns out I didn't have enough powdered sugar for the frosting so it wasn't as thick as I would have liked but it worked ok:) And the roses behind the cake are from Zach. LOVE HIM!
Zach seemed to like it a lot! We have a lot of cake to eat this week...


For Valentine's Day we had a lot of fun!

We went to Brick Oven Pizza for dinner with four other couples in our ward. So fun! We love our new friends:) Then we went to a stake dance! Don't laugh!! Stake dances are super fun when you have a date you actually like, everyone else has dates that they actually like, and there is a chocolate fountain.
We also have been watching a lot of basketball on our big screen TV.
Well it's big when you sit as close as Zach does. Go Jazz!

2 comments:

  1. Love the post & you!! your cake turned out super cute!! The flowers balanced it off good :) And who needs a big screen when you can sit 6 inches from the TV!! The Stake dance made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOOOO JAZZ. And please tell me this is a candid shot. he looks like a little kid, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete