Monday, May 9, 2011

Healthy Start

If you're looking for a healthy start to your summer, try this yummy smoothie! It may not look to yummy but don't judge a smoothie by it's color.


My Popeye Smoothie

Original Recipe

Ingredients

Handful of fresh spinach
1 cup vanilla lowfat yogurt
1/2 cup cranberry juice
3 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
10 blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 banana (fresh or frozen)
A few cubes of ice

Directions
Pour the cranberry juice and yogurt into the blender. Add the spinach and pulse until it has blended into small pieces. Add the strawberries, blueberries, and bananas to the mix. When everything is whipped into a smoothie texture, add a few chunks of ice and blend on high.

* Add flax to the mix for added nutritional value


Spinach in a fruit smoothie?! I know it may sound gross but you can't taste the spinach at all! This really is so great. And it makes me feel better about my vegetable diet, which I don't really have. Give it a try!

And let me know if you have any other favorite healthy recipes. I'm always looking for more.

1 comment:

  1. This actually looks really yummy! I shall try it :) By the way, I LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete