Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My New Way of Setting Goals

With summer pretty much here it's time to revisit our...

And maybe add 2011 summer goals!


A very wise lady (Joan Glenn) in my home ward spoke to us like 3 years ago about setting goals. I am totally a goal setter. Not that I ever really achieve them but I don't get anything done if I don't at least set them first. I can't remember all of her good advice but I do remember this.
I remember the key was to start with these four (I think there was a fifth) aspects of your life.
Financial
Physical
Spiritual
Familial
?
(This list is totally not comprehensive)

Then think a one or two goals for each area. This was good for me because I tend to focus on only one aspect of my life at a time and thats just boring and overwhelming. For financial I wrote down our new grocery limit and eating out limit and our summer savings goal. For Spiritual I wrote reading scriptures before noon. And it goes on... The cool thing was that after I wrote all these down I realized that most of my goals were very achievable and I'm pumped!!

Then I wrote down these same goals but organized them into groups of daily, weekly, and monthly goals. That helped me see the short term and more focused goals and then see what I hope to achieve by doing these daily goals by the end of the month or summer.

Any way that's a little about me, and how I work. If you have any goal advice or any really good goals you have set for this season let me know! Oh and I also need good book advice. Give me your two most favorite books. C'mon people I know you're reading my blog so comment for once!!!

Luvs

3 comments:

  1. Is the 5th one a mental goal. I had some one tell me those five aspects once too.

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that could totally be it. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been recently using a goal setting app called GoalsOnTrack and it has worked very well. It saves me a lot of time in keeping track of my goals and most importantly it helps me better organize my daily todos towards achieving my goals. You may want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete