Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Kitchen Table

So the internet is down at my work so they said don't come in until we call. So I am taking this extra free time to post something close to my heart... My kitchen table.

About a year ago just before Zach and I got married, I went all DIY crazy and did some really cool stuff. And I never even shared it on my blog! So here's one of my favorites.

I took Zach to Goodwill with me one day on the search for a table and chairs. And we found this cutie!! It was so perfect and exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a round table that had fold down ends and as a plus it also had two leaves that could be taken out which is so awesome because I knew our apartment was small and we needed some flexibility. PLUS we found it for $50 went back the next day to get it and realized it was Saturday and everything was 50% off for the day! So we got our kitchen table for $25... Love it.

Then we sanded it, primed and painted it, roughed it up a bit and it turned out like this.

I'm still learning a lot about painting furniture and stuff. Like the top of the table isn't as nice a smooth as a normal one. But I'm just glad that it turned out at all. haha
I love the legs.
I love love love my kitchen table. Redoing furniture is always a pretty big undertaking but it was such a fun project and it's in pretty good shape so I hope we can use it for the next couple of years.

My chairs were my next favorite project. You can see them in this picture. But that story is for another day.

Have a wonderful thursday!


1 comment: