Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Summer Lull

So BYU gets out a bit earlier than most colleges. We've been out for almost two weeks now, and already I'm feeling the boredom of summer set in. I've really enjoyed this past week though because Zach and I got to spend a ton of time together and we watched a few of movies as well. Here's the list and the ratings.

I really liked Alice in Wonderland. I was excited for it when it came out last year but no one really had anything good to say about it so I put off seeing it, but I really liked this new version of it. It's really not as weird as you might expect it to be not anything like Charlie and the Chocolate factory or Edward Scissorhands... I might even watch this one again sometime.


















As for How Do You Know... Really really bad! Really bad. Which was a shame because I really like all of the actors in it. But seriously me and Zach were both just waiting and waiting for the whole two hours of this movie for something to happen. Ya there were a few laughs but nothing else. Don't waste your time with this one.

















So, of course after watching such a disappointing movie, we had to turn something on that we hoped would satisfy our cinema needs. I know Easy A looks a little sketchy, but it was really funny, and was a cute take on high school life and how stupid it really can be. Plus the main character Emma Stone is a fun actress to watch.

















One of my favorite movies of the whole week was Young Victoria. I guess I was just in the mood for this one, plus I love period movies. But it was cute and a true story and romantic and dramatic. I loved the whole thing. And again the leading lady Emily Blunt just one me over with her role as the Queen. Oh! And half of the movie is in Kensington Palace where Victoria grew up. And when I was in London I got to visit the palace myself. It's beautiful.



















I just had to watch 2012 because I'm really fascinated with natural disasters and special effects depicting them and everyone kept saying how bad this movie was so I wanted to see for sure. It was pretty bad I guess, but I'm easily entertained. It was too long.















Last night we had a dollar theater DOUBLE FEATURE night where we saw The Adjustment Bureau AND Justin Bieber NEVER SAY NEVER ($6.50 total)!!! We really liked both of them. And if you're hating on Justin Bieber you should really watch this movie it was so cool and so interesting to see this kid sell out Madison Square Garden within a year of getting big and within 22 minutes once the tickets went online. He's a talented and lucky kid.






















So ya, the point is, this week I'm going to get more productive and do some more crafty stuff, plus work some more hours, and maybe even exercise...
Maybe you can check out some of these movies and tell me what you think. :)
AAAAAAAAnd check out my families E3 video blog to check out the fun things they're doing in Costa Rica, Ecuador, and Jamaica (without me).

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on most of your ratings!!! I absolutely ADORE The Young Victoria. We are still waiting to see The Adjustment Bureau, dunno if I will see Bieber, and Easy A I am still trying to make my rating for it. Not quite sure how I feel. I can't wait to see what crafty stuff you end up doing! I love all your posts and how you lead me to other blogs to get even more ideas of things to do!!!

    ReplyDelete